An intercultural blended professional development course targeting European elementary and middle school (ages 9-15) teachers, that will promote teaching to read as a transversal skill for all educators regardless of discipline.
Overall Course Aim: Develop teachers’ knowledge & skills in teaching and learning using the Living Book approach through exposure to innovative learning methodologies and resources, and cross-cultural exchange of experiences and ideasEnable teachers, regardless of discipline, to:
- Exploit the LIVING BOOK methodology to foster students’ motivation towards reading and to improve their reading skills.
- Exploit the LIVING BOOK methodology to help strengthen the development of a cluster of key and transversal competencies: digital skills, learning to learn, critical thinking, cooperative and collaborative skills, etc.
- Use strategies for increasing the level of participation and achievement of the most unmotivated learners from disadvantaged households.
- Functionally integrate various types of AR tools and resources provided by the Living Library platform with existing core curricular ideas.
- Develop a long-lasting transnational community of “Augmented Teachers”, who advise and support each other about classroom practices and pedagogy relating to Augmented Reading.